Marta Duarte Oliveira
Researcher since: 2010
Marta Duarte Oliveira (Lisbon, 1984) is an architect (Lusíada University of Lisbon, 2007 – 1st Cycle), having presented the MSc thesis ((2nd Cycle) on the following year – both 16/20). Concluded the professional internship and the Rehabilitation, Conservation and Restoration Advanced Course (Architecture Faculty of the University of Lisbon, 2009, equivalent to a postgraduate – 15/20). Since 2010, is also a collaborator member of CIAUD – FA ULisboa (Research Centre for Architecture, Urban Planning and Design - Architecture Faculty of the University of Lisbon).
For the last 5 years, has obtained an individual PhD fellowship (reference SFRH/BD/69200/2010) granted by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT – organization that superintends the scientific research in Portugal), which allowed the development of the PhD research work regarding Heritage, Planning and Cultural Landscapes, industrial in particular.
Besides the PhD thesis (approved by unanimity with a very good), the research provided for the publication of 8 papers (2 submitted for appreciation) on International congresses and magazines with blind peer review. Due to the research, she has received the following invitations: to be an associate editor for the international magazine “Design Principles and Practices: An International Journal”, Common Ground Publishing, University of Illinois, Chicago (2012) and to be a participant presenter in the colloquium “Portugal – Qual o Lugar do Património Industrial e Técnico – What is the Industrial and Technical Heritage Place?” organized by APAI and AAP (respectively the Portuguese Associations for Industrial Archaeology and Archaeologists), due to the celebration of the European Year of Industrial and Technical Heritage (2015).
Linguistic competences beyond Portuguese: English (advanced user), French, Spanish and Italian (independent user).
Research Project: Industrial Heritage: Iberian Heritage Park of Pyrite (provisional title)
- OLIVEIRA, M.D. (2015). Património e memória no devir territorial. A Paisagem Cultural da Pirite Alentejana no contexto português. PhD thesis in Architecture, specialisation in Conservation and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Architecture of the University of Lisbon(approved by unanimous vote with Very Good);
- OLIVEIRA, M.D. (2008). As Permanências na Paisagem Urbana: Síntese entre o Lugar e o Homem. MSc thesis in Architecture, Lusíada University of Lisbon (Good).
• Book chapters
- OLIVEIRA M., RIBEIRO J.T. (2016). “The Cultural Landscape Of The Alentejo
Pyrite: What’s Next?” In KATSONI, Vicky, STRATIGEA, Anastasia (Eds.). Tourism and Culture in the Age of Innovation. Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2016, p. 79-90;
- OLIVEIRA, M.D.; RIBEIRO, J.T. (2011). Heritages’ Management and Operative Strategies on the Alto Douro Wine Region, Portugal. Considering Research: Reflecting upon current themes in Architectural Research. Plowright & Gamper Eds. Lawrence Technological University. Detroit, MI, p. 187-196;
- OLIVEIRA, M.D.; RIBEIRO, J. (2010). e-Cultural heritage: comparative analysis at Iberian and European context. Heritage 2010 Heritage and Sustainable Development. Vol. 2. Amoêda, Lira and Pinheiro Editors. Green Lines Institute for Sustainable Development Pub. Évora, p. 1091-1100; ISI Web of Knowledge; WOS:000291664400120
• International Journals
- OLIVEIRA M.; RIBEIRO J.T. (2015). “The Cultural Landscape of Alentejo Pyrite: territorial understanding of heritage towards a prospective view”, Academica Turistica – Tourism and Innovation Journal, ISSN 1855-3303 (pending appreciation);
- OLIVEIRA, M.D.; RIBEIRO, J.T. (2013). The cultural landscape paradigm: conservation approaches and tools - The case of the Pico island vineyard culture, Azores Portugal. The International Journal of Design in Society, 6 (3). Common Ground Publishing LLC, Champaign, Illinois, USA. p. 129-147
• Communications in international scientific meetings
- OLIVEIRA, M.D.; RIBEIRO, J.T. (2016). Industrial Heritage’s Role within the Future of Portuguese Territorial Planning. Le Vie dei Mercanti, XIV International Forum World Heritage and Degradation (Smart Design, Planning and Technologies), Naples-Capri, Italy (to be presented on June, 16-18, 2016);
- OLIVEIRA, M.D.; RIBEIRO, J.T. (2014). A Paisagem Cultural da Pirite Alentejana no contexto territorial português. Atas do II Congresso Internacional sobre Património Industrial, Património, Museus e Turismo Industrial: uma oportunidade para o século XXI, Universidade Católica Porto – Campus Foz, Portugal 13 p.;
- OLIVEIRA, M.D.; RIBEIRO, J. (2012). Landscape (European Landscape Convention) vs. Cultural Landscape (UNESCO): Towards Territorial Development based on Heritage Values. E-book Heritage 2012 Heritage and Sustainable Development. Vol. 1. Amoêda, Lira and Pinheiro Editors. Green Lines Institute for Sustainable Development Pub. Porto, p. 139-151;
Participation in international congresses, scientific meetings and colloquiums
2015| Presentation of the concluded PhD research titled “Património e Memória no devir territorial. A Paisagem Cultural da Pirite Alentejana no contexto português” in the 3rd Research Seminar in Architecture, Urban Planning, Design and Ergonomics, CIAUD- FAULisboa, Lisboa, 4-6 November;
Invitated to present the communication “Do património industrial à contextura da Paisagem Cultural da Pirite Alentejana. From industrial heritage to the contexture of Cultural Landscape of the Alentejo Pyrite” in the Internacional Colloquium “Portugal - Qual o Lugar do Património Industrial e Técnico?” organized by APAI e AAP, Lisboa 9-10 October (abstract to be published);
2014| Presentation of the communication “A Paisagem Cultural da Pirite Alentejana no contexto territorial português. The Cultural Landscape of the Alentejo Pyrite within the Portuguese territorial context” in II Congresso Internacional sobre Património Industrial – “Património, Museus e Turismo Industrial: uma oportunidade para o século XXI”, Porto, 22-24 May;
2013| Presentation of the PhD research for appreciation (good) by an independent and international jury in the 2nd Research Seminar in Architecture, Urban Planning and Design, CIAUD- FAULisboa, Lisboa, 27-28 May;
2012| Presentation of the paper “Landscape (European Landscape Convention) vs. Cultural Landscape (UNESCO): towards Territorial Development based on Heritage Values” in Heritage 2012 – 3rd International Conference on Heritage and Sustainable Development, Green Lines Institute, Porto, 19-22 June;
2011| Presentation of the paper “Heritage’s Management and Operative Strategies On the Alto Douro Wine Region Portugal” in CONSIDERING RESEARCH. Architectural Research Centers Consortium, Detroit, 20-23 April;
2010| Presentation of the paper “e-Cultural Heritage: comparative analysis at Iberian and European context” no Heritage 2010 – 2nd International Conference on Heritage and Sustainable Development, Green Lines Institute, Évora, 22-26 June.
Update on 21-03-2016